Apr 10, 2011

Weekend Travel

So, this weekend we flew to Odessa to see the Brazelton clan, and it was the first time we flew with a fully mobile, opinionated, son.  On the way there, he was a little sassy, but it went well overall.  On the way home, our plane was an hour late and so the little guy got cranky, but he got over it with some yogurt bites, crackers and fruit.  I swear that kid is never so happy as when we are feeding him fruit and carbs.  On both flights we let him watch an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba.  How did parents go anywhere before portable tv?  I know, we are not supposed to show him tv until he is 18 (parent guidelines), but you try and explain you moral high horse to the back of a packed plane.  Ha ha!

This is him last week, doing his best impression of an older gentleman with high waters.
Here is a "training video" we will show him when he is learning how to mow the lawn. This reminds me of the summer Dad planted some special high maintenance grass and we had to mow it with an old school push mower.  Those things are a lot harder than they look!  I though Jenn would never get the back yard mowed. Today someone told me they make those kind of mowers that have a motor on them and now I suspect that Dad knew about it and just purchased the less expensive one.  I smell a conspiracy here.
I swear that he said Kittie this week, Bryan heard it too.  He is also working on Ba (ball) and Do (doggie). When he wants something now, he just points to it and says Ba.  This means everything to the box of crackers or his wooby. He is also trying to climb up on everything and is getting really brave.  He also has no concept of Stranger Danger.  To him, a new person is just someone he hasn't charmed yet.  Spend 10 seconds with him and you are deemed a perfect person to hold him.  Bryan's Gran said he was the same way.  She said that one time Bryan walked up to a lady and basically wanted to go home with her.  I guess our little family is just genetically friendly.

There will be more pictures after we get them back from the Brazeltons and Grady's Uncle Bynum!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED seeing y'all and Grady this weekend!!! I dont know what to do with myself today since i cant chase a cute little boy around the yard :) Cant wait to see yall again!!!

    ReplyDelete